Laurie Galan's Missionary Journey

Hi and welcome to my blogg! Here you will find new and exciting things about my life in the mission field as well as photos of the ministry God is doing through me. I pray that as you read these postings and look at the photos that God will touch your heart and bless you. If you would like to contribute to my work please go to IRMs web site at: www.interescuemission.org May God Bless You! Laurie

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rahway, New Jersey, United States

Friday, December 02, 2005

Elections

The run off elections were held on Nov 8, 2005. I was in Ganta for the them and our school, Hope Academy was one of the poling places. Here are some shots from the campus.
1. Rachel our principal with two of the observers from the Carter Center.
2. Rachel stands in line to cast her vote.
3. Laykaye one of the teachers works as a polling officer.
4. Polling officer checks in a voter.
5. My foster daughter Musu works at a polling place. I am so proud of her.

The elections went off well though the turn out was not as good as the first election, it was fair and transparent.

The new president is Ellen Johnson-Serlief, the first woman to be elected president in any African nation!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home